The closest ski resort to an international airport in Europe? Gone Travelling heads to Krvavec in Slovenia to check out the slopes.
With over 30 kilometers of well groomed slopes, Krvavec is a tempting proposition for those looking for an accessible ski resort. Out of the airport and on the slopes within an hour? Affordable lift passes and not full of Brits? Close to a buzzing capital city (Ljubljana – read our full guide to the city here) and with options to explore other ski resorts? What’s not to like?
It’s been on my radar for a few years so I finally got it together to go and have a look…
Does it make the grade? Check out our video review of Krvavec below (it’s a bit rough around the edges but hey… You would be too if you went snowboarding after getting up at 3am).
All About Krvavec, Slovenia
Situated around 15 kms from Ljubljana airport, Krvavec features:
- 30 kms of pistes including 23% blue(beginner)/50% red/27% black
- 22 runs, 15 lifts
- Summit height 1921 metres
- Season starts, early December, ends mid April.
- 3 hotels on the mountain or stay in Ljubljana or Kranj and use hire car or public transport. Find hotels in Ljubljana via the Trivago widget below.
In February 2018, costs were:
- €33 for one day lift pass
- €33 to hire snowboard with boots/bindings and a helmet. €26 without the helmet.
You can view all the details about Krvavec on their website here.
Haven’t got time to check out the video review of Krvavec? In a nutshell… It’s perfect for a weekend break and families, but experts might get bored after a few days. Exploring Slovenia and it’s different ski resorts can be done relatively easily with a hire car – find the best prices on car hire at RentalCars.com.
Thinking of heading to Krvavec? Have you been before? We’d love to hear your comments below…
Check flights to Ljubljana via our handy search widget powered by Skyscanner .